In a little over a week’s time, a new Sony camera will arrive that is essentially a full-frame version of the A77. It’s to be called the A99 and will have all the advantages of the A77 plus a bigger sensor.
The full specs will be:
- 24.3MP full frame sensor
- ISO range: 100-25,600 (ISO-low 50 is also available)
- 14 bit RAW output
- 1/8000 maximum shutter speed
- 10 fps
- Shutter life: 200,000 shots
- 102 points AF system
- 2360k dots XGA OLED viewfinder
- 3″ tiltable 921k dots LCD screen
- Full HD video recording at 1920×1080/60p
- HDMI output
- Built-in stereo mic
- Built-in flash with guide number of 12
- Two memory slots: SD and SD+MS cards
- Weight: 730 g.
- Price: around $2,800
A full announcement is expected on September 12. Latest updates are at Sony A99 News.