Buying a camera should be a pleasant experience. But any number of things can stop it being so. In this climate I’d be looking for camera suppliers who:
- Send fresh, unopened stock, rather than ex-demo.
- Have a good returns policy.
- Are run by knowledgeable staff.
- Are easy to contact.
- Won’t go broke between receiving my money and getting me my camera.
- Have a real shop as well as a website (though I’ll make an exception for Amazon, who do online better than anyone).
Whenever I need to buy a camera I wish I lived in the USA, New York City to be specific. Then I could just go down the road to BHPhotovideo and get what I want. They have the Sony A77 16-50mm f2.8 Kit and Sony A77 Body only.
The United Kingdom
The UK is a difficult place to buy a camera. But several photographers I spoke to recommended Wex – (formerly Warehouseexpress.com) and when I tried them recently I was impressed with the help I got over the phone. They now have the A77 kit and body only.
DigitalRev have been around a while and deliver worldwide too, and seem to have better supplies of stock that the US and UK.